- The cards were drawn in 1909 by Pamela Colman Smith under the direction of Arthur Edward Waite.
- Smith's vibrant drawings transformed the standard tarot deck.
- The pictorial images on all the cards allow interpretations without the need to repeatedly consult explanatory text.
- The innovative Minor Arcana, and Pamela Colman Smith's ability to capture the subtleties of emotion and experience have made the Rider-Waite Tarot a model for the designs of many tarot packs.
- Rider-Waite Tarot was named one of the Top Ten Tarot Decks of All Time by Aeclectic Tarot.
Tarot Card Decks
The tarot structure is predictable. If you learn the Rider-Waite, then you will most likely be able to read any other tarot deck.
• Tarot always has 78 cards
• Major Arcana = 22 cards relating to major events and life
• Minor Arcana = 56 cards Page, Knight, Queen, and King